I finally blogged!

Now that I am back to work I can start blogging on a regular basis! (please hold you applause!)

So what's new with me...lots! I am back to work now, have been for 2 1/2 weeks now. Boy, was that first week rough and I mean rough. I was emotionally exhausted from crying and missing Sammie. Physically exhausted because I wasn't used to doing much through out the day other than taking care of Sammie and when she napped I had the option to take a nap. I wasn't used to getting up and the same time everyday anymore and boy did that time get early. Not only did I change my schedule to be done earlier, I had to plan extra time in the morning for Sammie just in case she needed to be feed or just wanted to be held. Going back to work was a huge change in my life. But all in all I am glad to be back to work. I think it makes it easier knowing she isn't at a daycare facility, that she is just with our neighbor Renee 3 days a week, with Brad 1, and with Pam 1 day.

I found out last week that we can put in overtime, so I am torn between the extra money(which we can definitely use) and rushing home to Sammie. I have been putting in around 5 hours a week of overtime. Every little bit helps.

Sammie is adjusting well to being at Renee's. She loves her little girl Aubrey! I almost think it was more rough on me than her! The first week she would be awake all day, heaven forbid she miss out on anything, so she would sleep all night from the time I got home till the time I got her up the next day, except to eat!

This week for mother's day, mom and I are getting our pedicures on Thursday. Then Friday Megan and I get to go to Taylor Swift concert. YAHHHHH! I am so ridiculously excited! Plus we get free parking at Brad's work! Bonus!

That's all for now. My breaks is over. But don't worry I have lots more to catch you up on!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you're going to Taylor Swift!! Joe's at home everyday now, so I've been making him listen to K102 to try and win me tickets, lol.

    And also.. you should post some more pictures of Sammie :) She's so cute!

     
  2. It's about damn time you start blogging again! :) I hope you have a blast at the concert - I know you will! (I'm very jealous!)

     
  3. O yah Rachel! Enjoy your pedicure! :) And the concert!!! I know you'll have a blast!

     
  4. Yay! Rachel is back! It sounds like you have a couple of fun days coming up. I agree with Nikki about pictures of Sammie :)