Franklin Delano

Frankie is no longer with us. He was put to sleep on May 30th at 8:12pm

It happen so suddenly. Frankie was running around and playing with the other dogs on Friday and Saturday. It wasn't until Sunday that he was different. He was so lethargic. He had blood dripping from his penis. He hadn't peed all day. He wouldn't eat or drink water. And when he did drink water he would just throw it up. The crap he threw up ranged from a yellow/green color to a brown/reddish color. So he was throwing up his pee and blood. Frankie just seemed to get worse and worse. He barley had the energy to hold his head up. So Monday when we got back I called a few vets and finally Dr. McConnel said for us to meet him at the Gleenwood Vet Clinic, that he probably had a kidney stone stuck. Well he did. The stone was stuck. The vet could not get the catherter into his ballder. I can't even tell you home many times the vet tried to get the cath in, but the stone was to big. The stone had been lodged to long and it was causing his urine to back up into his kidneys, which caused his kidneys to fail. And because of this his nervous system was shutting down. It was so hard to watch. He was just laying there in pain, twitching uncontrollably. All the mean while I am sobbing telling Frankie that is ok. We are trying to help, to make him better and soon we would be going home. Well the Vet said it was too late after an hour of trying. He said that he could take a syring and drain the bladder and we could try to make it up to Woodbury to the emergency vet clinic but Frankie probably would survive. So Brad and I had to make the decision to put him down. He was in so much pain. I told him the it would be okay, that we would help him. So as he the vet administered the medication, I hugged him and kissed him and told him I was sorry, that I will see him again some day. And that I loved him and he was a great dog and I was lucky to have him. And afterwards, I was thinking that when he was looking at me in the car, it was like he knew. That he was telling me he was ready and that he loved me too.
We took him and burried him under the tree. We left him in his bed so he could be comfy up in heaven. I loved Frankie, he was my first baby. He was a great dog. He was just 6 years old. I got 6 wonderful years with Frankie. And I know he is up in doggie heaven playing with Oscar and I will see him again one day.

3 comments:

  1. I just bawled my eyes out at work reading this. I'm so sorry about Frankie, Rachel :(

     
  2. Thanks Nikki. I had to write the blog because everyone was asking what happened and I couldn't get through the story without bawling my eyes out.

     
  3. :( I'm so sorry Rachel! I know how horrible it is to lose one of your babies, and how hard it is to see them go through something like that :(