The Next Step

Yesterday I had a follow-up appointment with Susa. We talked about how the Provera went. I don't like the way it makes me feel. I made me feel tight in the chest and hard to breathe. Which I know I should've told Susa that earlier and not continue to take the drug, but I also knew that he would make be stop taking the Provera. So we discussed that and I was told if those symptoms happen again to call him or his nurse Kris right away. Still no period, but he said it could take up 7 days after I stop taking them to get it so I should have it by the 17Th. I honestly feel like I am the on the only woman on earth who is excited to get her period. Also, the Provera makes me have mood swings, nothing new :) But instead of the happy I get the sad and blah feeling a lot and the stupidest things make me crabby and/or sad. I don't feel like myself.

I am officially on a fertility drug. Clomid to be exact, 50 mg. It is an anti-estrogen pill. I tells my body that I don't have enough and to make extra of the hormone. The side effects are similar the Provera, there will be hot flashes and mood swings. And It ups the chances of multiples...7% for twins and less the 1% for triplets or higher. Brad and I only want to kids, but twins is better than no baby! I will take one pill day on days 5 through 9 of my cycle. Then for this first month I will go in on day 21 of my cycle to get a progesterone test taken to make sure that this drug made me ovulate. Susa wants me to do this for 3 months before we do any hormone testing and infertility testing, its expensive. He said that you really only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant every month. I'll take that, it is better than the 0% I was having with not ovulating.

That is all for now. I'll let you now how this goes and if I get my period!!!

1 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!