New Car

I got a new car!


This past Saturday Brad and I went car shopping. It was planned that it would be a car shopping trip to just get prices on the vehicles that I liked and to see what we would get for a trade in on my '04 Dodge Neon. We did shopping around on the Internet at places in the cities, Hudson, and Menominee. Most places we around the same price range. So we set off to actually go look at the cars and do some test driving.


Well the first place the we went to turned out to be a good deal ( at least in my eyes). I got to test drive the Dodge Nitro...and boy did I love it. It wasn't to big and I felt very comfortable in it. Then the hassling came....We were curious as to what kind of deal we could get. So they did their thing with figuring out the interest rate and what kind of monthly payments they could offer us with a down payment and the trade-in. First they offered us only $2600 for a trade in because they claim they would get much for it because the stopped making neon's in 2005. Whatever. We said the we would have to think about, and left to go talk about it, crunch our own number again to make sure we could afford everything comfortably without altering our lifestyle to much. When we went back to the dealership the manager Jason came to us and said we can offer our $3200 for your trade-in...Now that is more like it. It doesn't sound like a big difference, but it is. We did our research on what we should expect for a trade-in.


Anyways....I GOT A NEW CAR! We did end up purchasing an extended warranty for four more years, bumper to bumper on the vehicle! And to up grade to a 2007 only is costing us $12 extra every six months on insurance.


This is my new baby and I love it! I haven't picked out a name for her yet though, but I will. She is a 2007 Dodge Nitro with only 27000 miles on her! She is red! Isn't she marvelous!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel, she looks huge!

     
  2. Yes she is and I love her!